Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Start pg numbering on 3rd page, with no # on 1 or 2?

I think what was meant was

{ IF{ PAGE } 2 { =({ Page } - 2) } }

JohnR wrote:
I CANT MAKE THIS WORK. I get an "unknown op code" error message !

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
A simple way to do it without the need for sections is to use the IF
field so that you enter into the Footer (presuming that is where you
want the page number) a field that says IF page number is greater
than 2, True = PAGE-2, False = nothing.

{ IF { NUMPAGES } = 2 { PAGE-2 } }

Pages 1 and 2 will display blank (false) but page 3 will display
3-2=1 and so on.

Terry

"Ken" wrote in message
Aha! Did not know of that option. Found it, and it worked.

Many thanks.

Ken

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Ken" wrote in message
Yeah, I tried breaking into a new section so that the page I want
to call No. 1 is the first page in a new section, and I got to
the point where it would show "1" as the page number. But the
pages in the previous section were numbered as well!

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

did you unlink the section from the previous section?