Frustrated Frame User

..... i forgot to add that my tableBody style now no longer acquires a bullet
when appplied to a paragraph in the table so i can only assume that the
problem was somehow caused by a property in the phantom table style "List
Bullet".

"Frustrated Frame User" wrote:

I've reapplied the correct table style to my tables by placing the cursor or
selecting the table, clicking the Table Table Style link in Reveal
Formatting and selecting the appropriate table style from the list in Table
AutoFormat dialog box.

Strange though that my tables acquired a style called "List Bullet" which
doesn't exist in my list of "Tables styles in use". Or, maybe not strange for
Word.

Thanks to Margaret Aldis and Suzanne S. Barnhill for your contributions.

"Frustrated Frame User" wrote:

That doesn't work for me but then I selected a random paragraph in the table
with the TableBody style applied and clicked on Format Reveal Formatting. I
expanded "Table" under which is listed, "Table Style: List Bullet"
What does this mean, is the table itself rather than the paragraph style
somehow affected?
I can't figure out where to change this and i cant exactly figure out how to
see which Table style is applied to my table. There is no table style listed
called "List Bullet" in my list of Table Styles in Use. I originally based
my custom table on "Table Normal".
Does this information shed light on the issue?
Any ideas what to do about it?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If the style doesn't include bullets, then pressing Ctrl+Q in any "infected"
paragraph should remove them.

"Frustrated Frame User" Frustrated Frame
wrote in message ...
The TableBody Style does has not itself picked up any bulleting in the
style
setting whatsoever making this problem all the more mysterious. Each time
apply the style to a paragraph, the bullets are applied. When i select an
"infected" paragraph, open the Format Bullets and Numbering / Paragraph
dialog boxes, the rogue settings are in place but when i select to modify
the
style itself, there are no such settings in place.

I don't usually use the formatting toolbar at all except in this instance
already did use it to reset the bullets with my custom style name as you
have
also suggested.

I prefer to use custom styels for all formatting including bullets and
bold
as well. Every custom style has been created from scratch and based on the
no style option. Even though this makes global updating a very inelegant
chore, which i avoid having to do.

Automatic updates is not selected for any style. Numbered styles are
custom
ones included in macro sequences that insert fileds for restarting
counters
and continuing.
I try as far as I am able to maintain a "safe" template unhindered by
common
problems that Word is prone to create.

Thanks for your suggestions but is there something else i can do?

"Margaret Aldis" wrote:

Check your TableBody style is not set to "Automatically Update" - if it
is
then when you bullet a TableBody paragraph that setting will get applied
the style as well.

If that's not it then have a look in Format Bullets and Numbering and
reset any pane that shows a bullet format with the TableBody stylename -
if
that bullet formatting gets applied it will create the link to the
style,
even if the style was not previously bulleted.

Either way, you will also need to modify the TableBody style itself to
remove the bullet formatting it seems to have picked up.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP
Syntagma partnership site:

"Frustrated Frame User" Frustrated Frame

wrote in message
I have a custom table body style based on no style.

I have applied specific attributes tot he style and it has worked well
for
me until today.

When the style is applied, the paragraph displays with bullets and
tabs.
The
TableBody style has no such attributes and i have to manually select
occurences and use the formatting bar to remove the unwanted
attributes.

How and where are these attributes becoming linked ot the style. I
have
checked the style settings and there is no indication that the
unwanted
attributes have been applied to the style.

How can I fix this problem?

I dont want to trash the template because it is a custom template with
many
styles and macros.

Is there a way to "get under the hood" and clean out the template?