Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BenJAMin

Default Change default location for InsertPicture?

Sure, just change the folder location path.

Tools
File Locations tab
select Documents
Modify
naviagate to where you want the default location

Do this for Clipart pictures too

Click the Ok button

Taa Daa!

"Ed" wrote:

In Word 2000, is it possible to change the default location for the
InsertPicture dialog? Every time I hit the button in a fresh instance of
Word, it defaults to MyPictures. I'd rather it remember where I last was,
or at least choose a different folder. There's nothing in MyPictures that
I'm going to use, but I have to navigate out of it.

Ed