Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sat sat is offline

Default delete styles from normal.dot

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm for
general template information and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for specifics on letter
templates. Yes, you will need to select your template in the File New
dialog, but if you open Word only to create a document (that is, you don't
leave it running), you can put a shortcut to that template on your desktop
and use it to open Word with a new document based on your custom template.

For the both of you Suzanne & Charles:

What I found out is that custom styles can be available in a document
one creates or in the normal.dot (or other template) if one adds it to
the template.

My problem is that I am using custom styles to create an Outlook 2002
signature in html.

Thus if I DON'T add it to normal.dot, every time I create an email, the
styles are the ones included in normal.dot only by default, which does
not seem to contain the custom style I created. OR at the minimum, there
seems to be a conflict between some styles due to names of styles as my
customized "hyperlink" style does not take in OL signature once I create
a new message if I don't add it to normal.dot (with a different name
than "hyperlink".) [Maybe that's where I went wrong....]

Thus, to use custom styles in OL signatures, it LOOKS to me at least,
that I HAVE to add the custom style to normal.dot as that is what OL
uses when it creates a "New Message". Can you confirm?

I really don't like adding all kinds of styles to normal.dot or making
lots of changes to it as I might screw it up, etc. I'd much rather
create styles in a template called custom.dot, for example; but.....

Looking forward to your comments.
[I might post this in the OL NG as well....]