Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
LeroyLi LeroyLi is offline

Default How does MS Word arrange the inter word space?

On Nov 3, 7:08 pm, "PeterMcC" wrote:
The width of the space is defined in the font.
Worth a look:http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...pec/spaces.htm

Or did you mean the algo for inserting additional space for justification?

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

Thanks for your replying.
I mean that in different lines, word spaces are different. e.g. some
lines may have wide space because the last word is too long to be
include in, but in some lines the space seems narrow.
even in the same line, the space is different depending on the prior
and followed letters. This is very different from Tex, which renders a
nearly same spaces.
I need to how word determine this difference.
Is this defined in the font?
Thanks again

Leroy