Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dswirsky dswirsky is offline

Default Difference between Word startup folder and Office startup folder

I copied a .dot file into the Office 2007 startup folder. When I tried to
run the macro from Word 2007 I got a "disabled macros" message. When I moved
the file to the Word startup folder, I was able to run the macro without any
difficulty. (The .dot file contains a macro that I only use in Word 2007.)

Is this a bug? Is there a reason to put a .dot file in the Office startup
folder as opposed to the Word startup folder, or vice versa?

Thanks.