Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Is it possible to rotate an entire page by 90 degrees?

Beats me. :-)

I've now done the real experiment instead of the gedankenexperiment, and it
works. I set the page orientation to Landscape. Since I'm working with US Letter
paper instead of A4, I chose a width of 5.5" and a height of 8.5" for a half
sheet. The printer feeds the 8.5" side first. When I take the paper out of the
printer and turn it 90 degrees so the 5.5" side is the top, the text appears in
the correct orientation.

I didn't have to play any games with custom page definitions in my printer
driver's dialog, but some printers may require that.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 6 May 2008 18:27:16 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

Doesn't what?

"grammatim" wrote in message
On May 6, 1:19 pm, "Jay Freedman" wrote:
Thinking about this some more, I think both things are required. The
Landscape orientation rotates the page image 90 degrees, so the lines of
type will continue to be parallel to the short side of the paper when the
paper is physically turned.

No it doesn't!

But you also need to swap the height and width
measurements of the paper in the Page Setup dialog (and possibly also in
the
printer driver's paper size definition) so the print area will have the
proper size.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
I'm not sure changing to Landscape orientation would help much since
most printers feed landscape documents in portrait orientation and
just rotate the print. You may, however, be able to fool Word into
accepting a "landscape" orientation with greater height than width
(or a "portrait" orientation with greater width than height, which is
easier to think about).

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Robert S wrote:
I am trying to print a document on A5 sheets. Unfortunately the
paper jams in my printer because it is half the "standard" page
width for my printer. I would like to fix this by putting the page
into the printer sideways, so the bottom edge is the full width of
the printer. In order to do this, I would need to rotate the
entire page by 90 degrees. Is this possible in Word 2003? It
doesn't look as if my printer has this capability.

In the dialog at File Page Setup Layout, select Landscape
orientation. --
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so all may benefit.- Hide quoted text -