Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
SylvieQ SylvieQ is offline

Default Word 2003 mail merge to Groupwise - sending a few to wrond rec

Yes, all the rows in my test .csv file have a valid e-mail address in the
column I select as the "email address field" (EmailID). None of them are
blank. If I merge to a new document instead of email and include the e-mail
field in my mail merge main document, all correct addresses output to the new
document, no mix up whatsoever. Yes, it only swaps a few addresses when I
merge to e-mail.
--
Sylvie Quesnel
Analyste de systèmes / IT Systems Analyst

(613)742-2493 poste 2869 Fax: (613)742-2488

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I haven't seen a problem like this, no, but I don't have Groupwise and so
can not test with that product.

Do all the rows in the .csv file have a valid e-mail address in the column
you select as the "email address field"? Are any of them blank, for example?
If you merge to a new document instead of email and include the e-mail field
in your mail merge main document, is the correct address output to the new
document (i.e., does it /only/ fail when you are merging to e-mail) ?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"SylvieQ" wrote in message
I have a Word 2003 e-mail message type document. My data source for the
merge
is a .csv file, from which I piked a few mergefields and from which is
picked
the EmailID when I merge to e-mail (Groupwise). The mail format is Plain
text. All seems to work fine ... except ... a few emails are sent to the
wrong e-mail address found in the .csv file. So one recipient gets his
e-mail
and someone else's e-mail. And that someone doen't get an e-mail since his
address was swapped at some point. Does somebody know of a problem like
this
one?

My template message is created in MS Office Word 2003 (11.6502.6408) SP1.
We are running Novell GroupWise 7.0 (7.0.1 14/12/2006, 553).
I can re-produce this behaviour with a smaller 45 row .csv file.

Currently, we are using the following solution, using Word 2003:
- opening up template document
- setting main document type to 'E-mail messages'
- opening data source, .csv file
- when having a look at 'Mail Merge Recipients', all EmailIDs in the file
look great
- then 'Merge to E-mail', To: EmailID, Mail format: Plain text (and not
HTML), all looks fine for all records HOWEVER, some emails are sent to the
wrong recipient email (2%). (HTML Mail format won't send a thing.)

My test csv file has only 45 rows of data, with 1000 fields accross.

Thank you