Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chris Clark Chris Clark is offline

Default find entry does not find record in datasource under word 2003

I have recently worked on tranferring a large n umber of customers from word
200 to word 2003.

The biggest single issue being repoereted is with mail merge not working.

The first time a mail merge document is opened in 2003 the find entry icon
does not find any entries in the datasource. I have to manually reset the
datasource using the tools - mail merge wizard before this works.

This then works fine until , an new record is added to the datasource:-

After adding a new reord from the data form , the newly added reord cannot
then be found when using find entry (icon with binoculars).

The only way I can make this work i sif I navigate to the last record in the
datasource (i.e. the one I have just added) and then the search will work
after this for that record.

It is as if the link to the datasource is not being updated coirrectly after
a new record is added.

The datasource is a word document (table).

The environamnet is Word 2003 (sp1) running on XP rpofessional SP1.

Has anyone experienced this problem.