You may need to change it to Exactly *something*. Whatever spacing gives you
the same number of lines as your classmates. Either that or diddle with your
margins or disable "Widow/orphan control," etc.

"Melody Koh" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your help. So the only way I can do this is change my spacing

"Exactly 14''" whenever I want a single spacing that looks like others?

Thanks,
Melody

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BottomLine.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Melody Koh" Melody wrote in message
Whenever I use Single spacing for my assignments, I always notice that

my
piece of paper has much less words than all my other classmates- my

spacing
is just wider even though I checked million times that I used single

spacing
(same problem for double spacing). I'm in the U.S. but my windows XP

is in
Chinese (my Office 2002 is in English though)- is this the cause of

the
problem? How should I do to permanently change the spacing settion so

that
it'll be the same with everyone else's word documents?