Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roy Gracious Roy Gracious is offline

Default Hide Word 2007 Office Button

Thanks for your suggestion. "Toggle Full Screen View" hides the ribbons also.
I have created a custom ribbon that I need to display but I don't want the
office menu button to be displayed. Is it possible to display a ribbon but
not the office button?

"Aeneas" wrote:

Let's not stop there, to hide nearly everything, do the following:

You can toggle a FULL SCREEN VIEW (not to be confused with the Full Screen
Reading view) in the current principal view but with no title bar, no
Microsoft Office Button, no Ribbon, no rulers and no status bar; the vertical
scroll bar will be visible by default as will any other panes

Just add Toggle Full Screen View to the Quick Access Toolbar from the
command well (Commands Not in the Ribbon or All Commands)

Only shortcut menus and the Mini Toolbar, which give you access to a broad
range of formatting commands, are available €“ just right click

Press ESC to return to whatever view you were in so that you can access the
Ribbon

"Roy Gracious" wrote:

Hi:
Is is possible to hide the Word 2007 office button?

Thanks,
Roy.