Simon

Default Word should open docs with the same formatting as they were saved

Word 2003 has introduced the "reading view", which is the default format when
opening a document attached to an email. This means that when I create a
document in print view and email it, the recipient will see it with different
formatting and pagination in reading view, in some cases looking worse than
it was supposed to.

The same applies to the new "track changes" features. If I save a document
with the "final version" view selected, I don't expect to open it with all
the markup displayed. This resulted in sending a document with embarrasing
markup to a client, because the markup was not displayed when I saved it.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout