Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Integrate Outline View with outline number lists

Agreed. The only time I have really used it (and it came through like a
champ) was when I was working on a book for an author who writes books of
yoga exercises. She was culling exercises from previous books to include in
a new one, and she did a lot of chopping and changing and rearranging. Since
each began with a heading, it was very easy to cut/paste or drag/drop as
needed in Outline view.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?bXNmdF9zdWdnZXN0b3I=?=,

Outline View seems as if it hasn't been touched in years. When I'm

faced
with doing an outline in Word, the outline number lists (under bullets

and
numbering) provide me with far more flexibility and ease of use than

Outline
View.

I don't agree. Outline view is excellent for getting an overview of a

large
document's structure and moving things around within that structure.

If you want to do the same with your numbered lists, make sure to set the
paragraph level from "body text" to a Level nr. (Best way is to link your
numbering with styles, and have the list level part of the each style's
definition).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org