Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
birdlady birdlady is offline

Default Deleting

Well thanks but that didn't work either, now I have to blank files and both
names are still there.. its the name I can't delete? Why is that?
--
birdlady

"Ned23" wrote:

Well, you can't delete a file while you have it open and are inside of the
file. Since I don't know what directory your file is in, Try this:

1. Open the file you want to delete
2. Delete all of the text
3. When you go to save it, do a "Save as" and give it a different name.
4. Exit Word
5. Open the new file you just made
6. Select "open" a new file.
7. When the window pops up to open the files from the spot you saved them,
see if you can delete the old file from inside of the new one.

"birdlady" wrote:

Its in the list where you save them, its still there and I can not figure out
how to delete it from there
--
birdlady

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And which spot is that?

http://word.mvps.org

"birdlady" wrote in message
Please help me, I need to know how to delete a file that I have made, I
was
able to delete the actaul doc, but unable to delete the name of it in the
one
spot
--
birdlady