Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word 2007 Mail Merge problems with Excel file providing list

There's a strng case for not using ADDRESSBLOCK (i.e. using individual
fields instead).

However, if you insert ADDRESSLOCK outside a text box, and go to the preview
step, does anything appear? (It does here!) If not, the chances are that
Word has not recognized any of the field names in your Excel file as Address
fields, and you will need to select the ADDRESSBLOCK field, right-click,
Edit Address Block, then Match Fields (or if it makes no difference, use
column names in Excel that Word maps automatically).

When working with fields you may in any case be better off converting your
text boxes to old-style WOrd frames (select the textbox, right-click, Format
Text Box|Text box|Convert to Frame...).

Peter Jamieson

"Matt Sciba" wrote in message
ups.com...
I built a custom sized page with text boxes for information.
Basically it's a template for printing addresses on specific parts of
a postcard. Three of the text boxes have common information, but the
fourth will hold the recipient addresses. I start the mail merge in
Word 2007 and choose "letter" as the document form. I follow all of
the steps. My list is linked to the word file because I can view the
addresses and edit the list in Word 2007. After selecting the
recipients, the Address block appears in the text box.

HOWEVER, when I click "Next" which is to preview the mail merge, the
Address block disappears from the text box and prints nothing but
the common information.

PLEASE HELP!