Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Save mail merge as individual letters.

Old age is racing on

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Hi Graham,

I thought that it was you that discovered that when I was first
playing with this. In addition, the addin will not work if Word was
started by double clicking on a file on the Desktop, in Windows
Explorer, or as an attachment to an Email message.

In short, Word must be started from the Start menu for the addin to
work.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
I'll add that to the web page

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Are you using Word as the editor in Outlook? If so, you must start
Word before starting Outlook otherwise, the autoexec macro in the
add-in will not run.

"Bell" wrote in message
Thats correct.

"Graham Mayor" skrev:

I take it that it is listed and checked in tools templates and
add-ins? No doubt Doug (who wrote the add-in) will be along soon
to offer his two penn'orth.

Bell wrote:
Yes

"Graham Mayor" skrev:

Do you have macro security set to trust installed templates and
macros?

Bell wrote:
I've been running the add-inn downloaded from;
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm
but can't get it to work.
I have checked that the Object Libraries in VBA for Word and
Office are checked and have added the Add-In in the startup
folder I open up Word from the Start - Program Menu. Within
the mail merge I choose Letters, Use an existing document as
template and then move forth in the mail merge. However as I
click Ok having checked All in the Edit Individual Letters
menu Word creates one document with all letters instead of
offering me the options as expressed at
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm. I'm using
Word 2003. Is there anything I do wrong?

Greatful to answers.

/ Bell