Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Default Word 2007 to "No Spacing"?

Open Normal.dotm; show paragraph marks (click the ΒΆ in the paragraph group of
the home tab); select the paragraph mark (the only thing in the file); and
change its style to no spacing. Save and close normal.dotm.

There may be some downsides to doing this (I can only think of one), so keep
your change in mind when you get unexpected results.

THT,
Pam

shawn wrote:
Yes, I know I can change styles.

I'd like it to ALWAYS use no spacing by default. When I create a new
document it's "normal" and I don't want that at all.

Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab)

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
with the spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no
spacing.