Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer[_2_] Mary Sauer[_2_] is offline

Default Teacher Needs Help: Long Division Symbol in Word 2007

Maybe the old fashion long division with remainders.
http://www.mathsisfun.com/long_division2.html

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What exactly do you mean by "long division symbol"? There is certainly a
division symbol (÷) on the Equation Tools Design tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"dlewis" wrote in message
But is it there at all? No one here can find it. Is there a way to place a
shortcut icon version 2003 and use it in 2007 rather than go through the
process you described?
It seems to be better for more advanced functions than for the basics.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

If you can't find the symbol in the new equation editor, note that you can
still make use of the old equation editor in Word 2007: Just click the
Insert tab | Object | Object, and choose Microsoft Equation 3.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stumped Teacher" Stumped wrote in
message ...
Does anyone know where the long division symbol is in Equation Editor for
Word 2007? I've used it in Word 2000, but the new version has got me
stumped.