Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Why can't I type anything on a new document?

Well, you could try renaming the Normal template (normal.dotm) with Word
closed, and see if that helps.

However, from your description, it does sound as if your trial version has
expired.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"frustrated!" wrote in message
I have a trial version of MicroSoft Office 2007 on an Acer netbook which
has
been working fine in the past. It is not set to expire for another month.
Suddenly I am not able to type or move around on any new documents.
Message
at bottom of page tells me that "Modification is not allowed because the
selection is locked." What do I need to unlock?