Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lisa Lisa is offline

Default Converting all old Office Files to 2007 format

Sorry just a couple more things to add:

Do a Convert on a PowerPoint or Word document on either the network or local
disk I end up with two files.
Do a Convert on an Excel file it converts and over writes the .xls file
We have the latest version with the latest patch.

This is going to be so confusing to end users when we roll this out. I am
confused for pete sake.

"Lynn" wrote:

I am referring to opening a doc in Office 2007 and using the Convert button
from the Office button. The files can be local or on a server. When I use
the convert option, i get a duplicate, but when colleagues (with admin
privileges) do this, the file is replaced. all our normal users (non IT
people) do not have admin rights.
Is there a way to configure it to behave the same for all users (ie. no
duplicates)?
Thanks a million!
Lynn

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Lynn,

Are you referring to the Office 2007 migration tools doing the conversion or just opening a document in Word 2007 from a trusted/non
trusted network location?

Are the templates also on the server and are the documents being opened viat a hyperlink or Office Button=Open, or ???

What version of Windows?

=============
"Lynn" wrote in message ...
Hi there

As NJ (who wrote in Feb) we are just about to migrate from 2003 to 2007 and
have come across the anomoly of the convert option for network files copying
rather than replacing the files.

I carefully followed the correspondance but haven't seen a definitive answer
- is it a bug, is MS fixing it, or is it a "feature"?
Most grateful for support!
Lynn
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)