Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MaryL MaryL is offline

Default Help Files

Okay, thanks...but how do I do that? I found Table of Contents in the Help
File, but it does not appear to be searchable and only shows broad
categories of topics. Is that what you meant, or is there a setting I
should invoke?

MaryL

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You will get better targeted help if you set the help viewer to display
only off-line help.
The About Word dialog can be found in Word Options Resources

MaryL wrote:
My other Windows programs have Help Files with Contents, Index, and
Search. I can type in a term and often will be quickly taken to a
probable solution (which I then view by clicking on "display"). Word
2007 is different. So far, I have not received good information from
their Help Files. I am taken to a list of links to the Internet, and
many have nothing to do with Word -- they are often other MS
programs, and sometimes not even that. It is more time-consuming and
usually not productive.
Is there any source of Help Files that is similar to what I
described? Am I doing something wrong? Even Help Files from an
older version might be useful. Incidentally, I don't even see the
familiar "About" that would show the exact version and updates.

I am using Office 2007 and Vista Home Premium.

Thanks,
MaryL