Ulf P

Default "hide white space between pages" is idiotic

I have lived at least one full year with a print layout problem.
Header and footer was not visible when I created a new document before I
selected "view - header and footer". I even tried to reinstall office, but
the behavior was still there.
Last week I found that two colleagues had the same problem, so I checked the
help system for solutions. Then I found the fantastic "feature" "Show or hide
white space".
This is really a very doubtful, non intuitive feature! It costed me 1 year
of frustration. Either it should be removed, or at least be very obvious when
active...