Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Chuck

I have no idea, and don't really care anyway.. :-)

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Chuck Davis" newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com wrote in message

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
Amadee

I have heard directly from people who have downloaded and used it.. I
haven't done so personally, and I am not likely to do so as I have no
desire presently to get used to the ways of another Office Suite..

All programs need feedback to improve.. having said that, if OpenOffice
want to directly compete with all versions of MS Office, the authors have
only to look at what MS Office can do in its various guises..

Re. 'hearsay'.. I object to the use of that word.. presently, I have only
your word (surely hearsay) that Open Office is worth a look..

And if you think that I am a Microsoft user through and through, then get
this.. I would still be using Corel WordPerfect 7 if it worked with XP..
it was in my opinion the best version of WP to present day.. it didn't
have all of the features that MS Word had or has, but it was excellent
for letter templates, labels, envelopes et al.. I always secretly hoped
that MS (mainly because they have the funds) would bring out an Office
Suite that embodied the best parts from WP and also Lotus WordPro.. they
didn't, of course.. they released Office 2003 instead.. :-)

So, Amadee, how would OpenOffice work for me?.. I use the majority of
features available in Office over the course of time.. would I have to
keep switching back and forth?.. if the answer to that is a yes, then
forget it.. I have a legal and full version of MS Office 2003 Pro running
on this system, and I am not about to waste my time messing with
something else that does not cut it the way I would like it to do..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
Mike Hall (MS-MVP) shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

I have heard less than favourable reports for OpenOffice,

Could you explain? OpenOffice NEEDS user feedback to improve. Also, is
this first hand experience or only hearsay?

--
Amedee Van Gasse

Can't you order a CD for OO. I have one for OpenOffice.org 1.1