Opinicus

"Peter Barrett"

For some Adobe documents I am able to cut and paste from
Adobe documents and
edit the resultant text in word. For other Adobe
documents, when I paste in
Word - all I get is illegible "control characters"/
"gibberish" on the screen.

Why the inconsistency?

It probably has to do węth Unicode vs non-Unicode fonts and
also whether or not the fonts are embedded in the PDF
document.

If you're not trying to carry formatting, pictures, etc over
into Word, try copying the Adobe text into a text editor
like WordPad first and then copy that into Word.

If you're into industrial-strength Adobe to Word conversion
(I am) you might consider the ABC Amber PDF Converter:

http://www.thebeatlesforever.com/pro...xt/abcpdf.html

It's pretty good even though it chokes on certain Turkish
characters: at least it chokes on them in a consistent
manner.

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse