Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Default Single Spacing Default Word 2007

Hi Phil:

The spacing is set by the style in use. What is the name of the paragraph
style in use where you are typing, and what are the properties "Space
Before" and "Space After" set to?

The style definitions are all held in the user's Normal template
(Normal.dotm).

Look up "Styles" in the Word Help, then if you need more information, come
back with specific questions.

Cheers

On 23/1/07 8:37 AM, in article
, "Phil Adler"
wrote:

I was hoping there is a way of turning off word 2007 from double spacing
every time i hit the enter key. I have my line breaks set to 1.0 and i have
read that the only way to fix this is to highlight your work area and then
remove paragrah space. I also have tried hitting shift + enter and this will
single space, but getting my users to do this is another issue all in
itself.. I work in a corporate enviroment and could have 500 + potential
users all wanting this fixed. Is there a reg hack a setting something so that
we dont lose our sanity here in the IT Dept .

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410