Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Re-Using Endnotes

In the Cross-reference dialog box, choose "Endnote number (formatted)" for
"Insert reference to"; that way, the reference will have the same formatting
as the original endnote.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cmdr Slam" wrote in message
Hi,

Its me again.

I found where i can use cross-reference to refer to an existing endnote
BUT,
the format of the endnote number is different that what is placed when i
simply add an endnote, which are ~almost~ superscript, but not quite.

What i'm saying is that the number placed when adding an endnote does not
exactly match a number that i change to superscript.

I hope this is clear.

Sal

"Cmdr Slam" wrote:

Hi All,

I'm putting endnotes in my document and want to re-use some of them
throughout the doc. For example, I would like to refer to endnote "i"
from
several different places in the doc. The problem is that everytime I
place an
endnote, Word assumes it is a new endnote and gives it the next number.

How can I place an endnote that refers to an existing endnote?

TIA,
Sal