WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Copy a protected document

If you have a protected Word document and you don't know the password, it can be difficult to copy the text from it. However, there are a few things you can try:
  1. Use a third-party tool: There are several third-party tools available that claim to be able to remove password protection from Word documents. However, be cautious when using these tools as they may not be reliable and could potentially harm your computer.
  2. Save the document as a different file type: You can try saving the protected Word document as a different file type, such as a Rich Text Format (RTF) file. To do this, click on "File" in the top left corner of the screen, then select "Save As." In the "Save As" dialog box, select "Rich Text Format" from the "Save as type" dropdown menu. This will create a new file that you can open in Word or another word processing program and copy the text from.
  3. Use the "Print Screen" function: If you only need to copy a small amount of text, you can use the "Print Screen" function on your keyboard. This will take a screenshot of your entire screen, including the protected Word document. You can then paste the screenshot into an image editing program, crop out the text you need, and save it as a new image file.
  4. Use OCR softwa If the protected document contains scanned images or PDFs, you can use Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software to extract the text. OCR software can recognize text in images and convert it into editable text. There are several free and paid OCR software options available online.

I hope one of these options works for you!