Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How to get rid of columns

To turn off text columns in the current document: On the Format menu,
click Columns. Click the "One" option and then click OK. Save the
file.

To get rid of column formatting in normal.dot, open it as a document
(see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...lTemplate.htm),
and then repeat the steps above.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dave" wrote in message
I was experimenting with columns. But now I have columns displayed

I just
can't get rid of them. It seems to have become embedded in the

normal
template as well and I seem to be stuck with it. How can I remove

the
column guides in the document? The help file under "remove

newsletter-style
columns" says "click columns and then drag to select a single

column". Well
that's a big help, thanks Microsoft!

Dave