Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee Dee is offline

Default Spell check does not work in Word 2007

Cindy,

Tried all your suggestions below before I actually read your last post.
Langauge is English and bottom two check boxes are indeed cleared (always
have been). This seems more insidious than just Word 2007 since I can't get
PowerPoint 2007 to spell check either. I think I may post on the Office
discussion group as well. Is there a bug in your opinion?
--
-Dee

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?RGVl?=,

Well, I did find out the status bar (where and what it is), but "Language" is
checked but no indication of what language is displayed.

Turn Language off and on, watching in the Status bar to see what
disappears/reappears. What do you see on that thing?

If you click it, the Set Language dialog box should appear. The language of the
selected text should be highlighted. What is it?

Are either of the two checkboxes at the bottom activated? Which one(s)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)