Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JohnR JohnR is offline

Default special character???

Sounds like non breaking spaces. What it does is guarantee that the words
to the left & right of that symbol will stay together on the same line. You
enter them by Hitting shift ctrl space, I believe. They can be
deleted if you desire, just like a regular character and replaced with a
space, or formatting symbols can be turned off if the sight of them bothers
you.

"L.S." wrote in message
Office2k(word)

Have a .doc that needs editing and have a ???

When I received the doc notice throughtout there are several small o's at
different places.
The best way I can explain it is they look like small degree marks, as in
'it's 45(degrees) outside today'.
If a few places there are double marks.

Explanation please,