Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Autocorrect strange problem (MSW 2003)

This is strange. With a manual spell check, I wouldn't expect anything to
change unless I clicked the Change All button...

Are you running some sort of add-in?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JPh12" wrote in message

Peter T. Daniels;494303 Wrote:
On May 12, 12:36*pm, JPh12
Stefan isn't suggesting turning off "Automatically
suggest" (Spellcheck wouldn't be much use without it), but
"Automatically _use_ suggestions."

Thanks. I'd missed that because the Automatically _use_ suggestions box
wasn't active -- I see now that Check_spelling_as_you_type has to be
enabled first. Hopefully that will do the trick.

But on second thought, since it wasn't enabled I guess I wasn't using it
(I don't check spelling as I type). If so that can't be the source of
the problem.

--
JPh12