Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Suzanne at CW

Default How do I format date and time fields in a merge document?

I'm merging from an Excel spreadsheet into a Word 2003 document. The
resulting merged documents need to show various dates in "February 6, 2006"
format and times in "9:30 AM" format. They display as "2/6/2006" and
"9:30:00 AM" after merging. I've formatted the fields in Excel to display in
the cells in the desired format, which is how it was done in Word 2000, but
this does not work in Word 2003. I changed the date and time fields in Excel
to text fields and typed them out the way I wanted them to show in the merged
documents; this displayed as "12:00:00 AM" in both the date and time fields!
How can I get the dates and times to display correctly in the merged
documents?