Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Venture Venture is offline

Default Windows Update weirdness

Nope, no Works. This particular machine came preinstalled with Office 2007
only.

I'll keep on ignoring it unless someone tells me a compelling reason why I
need it. ;-)

"Rich/rerat" wrote in message
Venture,
Do you have MSWorks installed on your computer, too? The MS Office update
may be selected because a program in the Suite utilizes the same update.

I know when checking updates for Works Suite 2004, which contain Word2003,
it would often get the updates for Office2003, because of the version of
Word it found.

--
Have A Good Day
Rich/rerat

(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Venture" wrote in message
Checking Windows Update it has Office 2003 SP3 for downloading (which I
have
not downloaded).

This machine has Office 2007 and has never had Office 2003 on it. I assume
don't want that update, but I was wondering why it suggests I get it?

Any clues?