Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Nick Marinelli

Default Tables, Cells, Line Breaks and VBA

I have been searching for days with no reults, so any help is appreciated.

I am importing a pipe (|) delimited file into a Word document, and then
converting that text into a table, which is then appened to a table in a
template. The table in the template forces the correct column widths.

Now, in some of the cells there is text which contains a list of names.
Each name is supposed to appear on it's own line within the cell. If
I were typing this manually, I'd use SHIFT+ENTER to go to the next line.
However, since this is all being done in VBA, that is not possible.

My question: How do I mimick the action of pressing SHIFT+ENTER in the
VBA Module so that the text will fill the cell correctly? I've tried
Chr(10), Chr(13), Chr(10)+Chr(13), vbLf, vbCr, vbCrLf, but all these do
is place the text into the first cell of a new row in the table.

I've heard something about using ^l (carrot, little"L"), but if I try to
put that in within quotes, it appears as text, and VBA won't allow it
without quotes.

Help!

Thanks again

Nick