Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Default How do I default Page Setup & Ruler bar to stay?

if you wish to change the margins and font, you need to set the default after
changing and apply to all new documents. In my experience Word opens with the
zoom and ruler as they were when closed. So if I close Word when the zoom is
115% or 30% that is what it opens at.
--
Rae Drysdale

"73MGBGT" wrote:

I have MS Word 2003. How can I permanently default Ruler bar to stay on?
Also, when I default Page Setup Margins & Font, and Zoom% (115% screen size),
it won't keep default. It goes back to original format default when bringing
up Word every day. I didn't have this problem with MS Word Office 2000.
Finding more and more discrepancies in 2003 version than 2000. Not as
user-friendly. Please help.