Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Letter AND Merge by Category

See
http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Emmett" wrote in message
I am using Word 2000.

I want to produce a form letter, which is followed by data sorted by
category.
The format should appear somewhat like this:

Address Info

Dear Mr. "Name of Sales Manager":

Letter body

Sincerely,

Me @ My company

(page break)

User ID City # of Sales User Status
53 L.A. 15 Current
54 S.F. 3 Pending

***

There will be 1 to 60 entries depending on the recipient.

*****

I followed the directions on how to sort by Category in the KB and I get a
statement like "field does not exist" on some of them. Also, when I
terminate the merge, it converts my If statements back to simply the
FieldName. (In other words, I followed the example, but inserted my own
field names

I have seen previous messages that the merge should just be done in
Access,
but shouldn't it be possible to perform similar functions in both Word and
Access.