Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Hide ~WRL*.tmp files cluttering Desktop?

It has not 'fixed' the problem, merely hidden it. It is always better to
display hidden files so that you can see what junk you are accumulating. Are
you working with documents on the desktop? If not I would be more concerned
why these files are accumulating there rather than in the document or
Windows temporary folders.

Steve wrote:
Klaus

That's fixed the problem - thanks a million. I now vaguely remember
changing this, as I needed to see some hidden files. I obviously
didn't make the connection to the .tmp files showing.

I'm now very happy.

Thanks again.
Steve

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

It's strange that my girlfrined seems to store most documents on her
desktop but doesn't get these problems.

You can navigate to the "Desktop" folder in the Windows explorer
(likely somewhere under "C:\Documents and settings"), and then in
the menu, toggle off "Tools Folder options... View Show hidden
files and folders".

Regards,
Klaus