Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
KLane KLane is offline

Default Formula to calculate sum based on drop down form fields in Word

I am using Word 2003 and am creating a performance review form. I have 13
drop down fields on all of which the choices can only be 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. On
the final blank I would like to write a formula which calculates the total of
all the rankings listed.

I have tried EVERYTHING! =SUM(above), =SUM(b2:b14),
=SUM(dropdown1:dropdown13). The colon returns a syntax error. I have listed
them all out with comma separators with no colon and that returns a 0. And,
of course, I have done with and without Ctrl-F9 brackets. I am now begging
for any help you can give. Thank you.