Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
doonboggle doonboggle is offline

Default Creat table from internet cut-n-pasted html layout 'table'

I have copied (off of the internet) 55 pages of html (??) data that was
presented in a table format. In copying and then pasting into Word, the page
to page 'tables' do not line up in the columns. In addition, when pulling my
insertion mouse across the lines of these columns, they do not indicate any
of the Word table re-adjust marker; so they are not actually tables as we
know from using Word tables.

I have test tried to 'Convert' this internet 'table' into a workable Word
table; unsuccessfully. Have also tried by converting a section of the
'table', once selected rows were highlited, to text ... and then back to Word
table ... unsuccessfully.

How can I combine these 55 pages of internet 'tables' into a useful Word
table format so that I can sort, etc.? There are 14 columns ... and several
hundred rows.
Thank you.
--
doon