WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Borders-larger than 6pt?

Sure, I can help you with that! By default, Microsoft Word limits the border size to 6pt, but there are a few workarounds you can use to create a wider border.

Option 1: Use a Shape
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on the "Shapes" button and select a rectangle shape.
  3. Draw the rectangle shape on your document.
  4. Right-click on the shape and select "Format Shape" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Format Shape" pane, select the "Line Style" tab.
  6. Increase the "Weight" value to make the border thicker.
  7. Change the "Color" to the desired color, such as teal.

Option 2: Use a Table
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on the "Table" button and select "Insert Table."
  3. Create a table with one row and one column.
  4. Select the table and click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon.
  5. In the "Table Styles" section, click on the "Borders" drop-down menu.
  6. Select "Borders and Shading" from the drop-down menu.
  7. In the "Borders and Shading" dialog box, select the "Borders" tab.
  8. Increase the "Width" value to make the border thicker.
  9. Change the "Color" to the desired color, such as teal.

I hope this helps you create the wider border you need!