Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Treesy Treesy is offline

Default WORD 2003 color fill button does not allow selection

I was using the button with the paintcan. I was using it to shade a cell
within a table. Like Unicorn mentioned, it worked for me yesterday morning
and then suddenly stopped working. ??? It works in Excel but not in my Word
2003.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Were you using the Highlighter or shading?

"unicorn" wrote in message
I can understand what you are saying.

But now there are 2 of us that were keying text in a document and used the
button for highlighting the text with color and it suddenly stopped

working.
There is an issue here!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Fill Color and Line Color on the Drawing toolbar apply only to drawing
objects. To apply color to text and tables, you must use borders and
shading. The Shading Color and Border Color buttons on the Tables and
Borders toolbar have the same icons but a different purpose.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Treesy" wrote in message
news I am also having this problem. It was working this morning and now

I'm
also
getting the grayed out boxes with no colors. I also don't have High
Contrast
enabled. Everything else looks fine. If this helps, before I was

getting
the grayed out boxes with no color, the little arrow that opens the

button
up
wasn't working. I would click it and nothing would happen. Same with

all
the buttons that have those arrows. I removed the non-functional

buttons
and
put them back on and they seem to be working again except now when

that
fill
button opens, it shows no color options. I tried rebooting as well.

Any
suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you!

"unicorn" wrote:

No, it is not selected.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you perhaps have High Contract selected in the Accessibility
Options in
Windows Control Panel?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"unicorn" wrote in message
Word 2003 color fill button does not allow selection of a color.

The
panel
pops up but is all white boxes and does not allow selection. it

is
like
this
on formatting and drawing toolbars. It was working but suddenly

it
stopped.