Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HILL2183 HILL2183 is offline

Default why was Microsoft Office Document Imaging removed from printer

I know that it doesn't create PDFs, it just something similar that works...at
least for what I need it for. Anyway, I've done what Suzanne said under the
Control Panel and all that stuff, but it's still not working. I've done it a
few times. Any other suggestions? Would it help to uninstall Office all
together and then reinstall?

Thanks.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you have followed Suzanne's instructions and the image writer has not
been created, repeat the setup and uncheck the writer. Complete the setup,
then repeat and re-add it.

Image writer does not create pdfs and its files can opnly be read by someone
with thye same software. If you want to create PDFs and don't want to buy
Acrobat there are several free tools that will create PDF to be found.

HILL2183 wrote:
Suzanne~

I was hoping this would work, but it isn't. Are there any other
suggestions??? I see that these questions were asked quite a long
time ago, so hopefully someone will check this and help me out. I
like using this program and don't have Adobe to make PDFs, so this
works well for me. Please help!!!

Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Start | Settings | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft
Office [Edition] 2003 | Change | Add or Remove Features, check the
box for "Choose advanced customization of applications." Select
Microsoft Office Tools and click the + beside Microsoft Office
Document Imaging. Make sure that Microsoft Office Document Image
Writer is set to "Run from my computer." Then click Update.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"GrannyDonna" wrote in
message ...
Thanks for the reply, but!!! I do not quite understand, is there
anyway you could walk me through it step by step? like go to
start-click, click control panel, click on ----, this would be
helpful since that is as far as I got, (Peeked in side add & remove
programs but that was as far as I got)

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Re-run Office setup from Windows control panel add & remove
programs and add it. It's in the Office Tools section.

GrannyDonna wrote:
installed word 2003, Microsoft Office Document Imaging Writer was
removed from printer folder. I would like to put it back. This
was was a good way to print files from the internet in lieu of
printing a hard copy.