Theresa

Sorry, maybe I'm not explaining myself very well. Yes,=20
you are correct, by "section headers", I was talking about=20
chapters...

I've modified the "Heading 1" built-in style to include=20
the chapter number by using the numbering format tab, and=20
I can add the word "Section" in front of it on the same=20
screen. Now, my text is the way I want it. So far, so=20
good.... (I want to use the Heading 1 style so that I can=20
number my chapters sequentially...but maybe that's my=20
problem?)

Where I run into trouble is that I want the word "Section"=20
to be a different font than the chapter number. I've=20
tried selecting some of the text and applying a character=20
style to re-format (which, if I understand correctly was=20
your suggestion), but once it is formatted with=20
the "Heading 1" style, it won't allow you to apply the=20
style to only part of the text. Nor will it allow me to=20
insert text in front of the number that was automatically=20
inserted by selecting the "Heading 1" style.

Maybe I'm just missing something very basic?? =20