Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Cannot open floopy disk in Word

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
They may already be corrupted, then, by having been saved directly to

floppy, or by previous attempts at opening. You may be able to extract

the
text contents by using the "Recover Text from Any File" setting in the

Open
dialog. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

Susanne,

A very relevant link, the contents of which I am still studying. Other
advice is getting me there slowly and is very much appreciated. Just
one point at the moment: I have 'Save AutoRecover info every 10
minutes' enabled and I am not sure that this is a good idea yet for the
likes of myself and my wife, who I am helping. What are your thoughts
on that please?

Thanks,
Emrys Davies.