Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I imagine that what you are really seeing is more like { Date \@ "dddd, dd,
MMMM, yyyy" } and what you are seeing is the field codes that can be toggle
on/off by using Alt+F9. After toggling them off, you may need to use Ctrl+A
and then F9 to update the fields in the document so that the date is
displayed.

The above field code will display the date as Wednesday, 05, January, 2005

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Rob" wrote in message
Hi
By pressing Ctrl/Alt/D I should be able to insert date in Word however
instead the following appears. (Date\@dddd,dd,mmmm,yyyy)

Any idea why this is and how I can rectify it?

Many thanks
Rob