CheeryNan

Default Opening a document in a protected form

I have a problem creating a Word form (Word 2002). I created a form which has
an embedded .pdf document that users need to click on for more information. I
set up an unprotected section and placed the document in that section. After
I protect the document, everything seems to work great with one exception.
Although the user can now click on the document and open it, they can also
add text to this area. Is there any way for me to embed a document and allow
the user to ONLY click on the document to open it and not allow them to add
text anywhere in the form? This is a contract and, therefore, adding text
cannot be allowed. I tried to add form frames but got the same thing. I'm
thinking that maybe a macro could be written to unprotect the form, open the
document and then protect the document again, but I wouldn't know how to
write that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?