Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John in Lakewood, California, USA

Default about restart numbering

I'll put in my two cents' worth:

Highlight the items you want renumbered, right-click them and from the
shortcut menu select Restart numbering. Half the time bullets and numbering
help you out and half the time they hinder. An instructor once suggested
that you just type the paragraphs without the numbers and later number or
bullet them after the fact. It gives you a little more control over the
matter. Hope this helps some.

"ringring" wrote:

Hi,
I used style of numbering to number a paragarph. When I numbered another
paragraph with the same style, I found it contiune numbering with the previse
list. I know I can right-click mouse and choose Bulleting and Numbering from
the right-click mouse menu.
Q1: The problem is sometimes this command enables, but sometimes it is
disable. What's matter? How to avoid this problem?
Q2: Will the contiune numbering occure everytime when I use the style of
numbering? If not, how to avoid?

Thanks a lot!