Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nebulous Nebulous is offline

Default Changing default indents for lists (Word 2007)

In previous versions of Word this was relatively easy. I'm pretty adept with
Office products, but as far as I can see this is no longer possible. Can
someone confirm or enlighten me?

I don't like the indents that Word 2007 imposes on bulleted and numbered
lists -- it wastes a lt of space and for me is difficult to visually scan. I
prefer my first levels of bullets (or numbers) to appear so that the bullet
is lined up with the left margin with a hanging indent of 0.25". Then I like
the second level of bullets to be at 0.25" with a hanging indent of 0.5",
etc.

Harder to describe than I thought. It would look like this (unless this
support forum removes my extra spaces; then it might look like a mess):

-----------------
This is my regular paragraph text.
* Here's my first-level bulleted text
- Here's my second-level bulleted text
Here's my third-level bulleted text

I continually have to adjust each bullet level, because I can't seem to
figure out a way to tell Word that I want this system as my default.

Further frustrating is the fact that even in a particular document, when I
adjust the indents in one list and then create another list further down the
document, the second and future levels revert. I have to adjust them again.

It doesn't seem Word 2007 is as smart about these things as it used to be.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!