Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I create a label macro for "bates numbering" documents

A Bates stamp will number anything you hit with it. I page-numbered
many 1000+ page manuscripts that way. But...

From the statement that this was to "identify and number legal
documents" I gathered that it was being used to put one number on each
document. Maybe mascottex will come back and explain further.

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 17:12:04 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

No, that numbers documents. Bates stamping is used the number the pages of
documents.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

mascottex wrote:
Work at a law office and we are looking for a way to create a label
macro that will allow us to identify and number legal documents for
attaching to discovery documents. In the "old" days a Bates stamping
device was used but we know of a form that was created in WordPerfect
so I am hoping one can be created in Word.