You won't be able to accomplish what you want with the Table of Figures.
You'll need to use a Table of Contents instead, assigning a different
outline level to each style and then modifying the TOC 1, TOC 2, and TOC 3
styles as needed. Note that the TOC styles are set to update automatically
(and the TOF uses only one style), which is why you're seeing the results
you do.

"Mary Lee" Mary wrote in message
I am using a caption style to create a table of figures. There are three
levels of indents in the text, and I have lined up the figures with the

level
of indenting of the preceeding text.

Since I can only select one style in the Table of Figures Options box, I
tried to just move my margins as needed at each figure, but each time I

move
a margin, all of the margins for that style are automatically moving -
without me updating the style. So I tried lining up the captions with

tabs.
The tabs do not come out in the table of figures, but they show up in

every
cross-reference in the document. When I take them out and close the

document
and open it again, there they are again. This is obviously not the correct
approach. How can I get my caption margins at three different levels and
build a single table of figures?

Thanks,
--
Mary Lee